Tax In Asia

Tax In Asia

One of the most consistently challenging aspects of contracting in Asia is complying with the country’s tax system. Whether you’re a contractor or a permanent employee, you have to pay tax on all of your earnings whilst you’re in the country. As well as paying tax in Asia, you might also still be eligible to pay some tax in your home country, and understanding the legislation behind this can be a challenge. Do you get double taxation in Asia? It will depend on your nationality and the nature of your assignment in Asia. Getting to grips with the basics of income tax in Asia and understanding your options helps you work out the best way to organise your affairs.

Paying Income Tax in Asia through Your Employer

If you’re working in Asia under a permanent contract, many employers will handle your tax under the PAYE (pay-as-you-earn) system. This means that they calculate and process your taxes in Asia for you and then send you a net wage. Your income tax, public health insurance, social security and other deductions will all be covered by this payment. This is the easiest way to handle your income tax in Asia, but contractors may not be offered this service because of their short stay with each employer.

Working Out Income Tax in Asia Yourself

Anybody who can’t pay their tax in Asia through PAYE is left with the prospect of filing a tax return and doing everything themselves. Do you know much about Asian Tax Law? Does Asia have a tax treaty with your home country? You will need to find out or find someone who can help! Not only does this eat into your free time, it’s also exceptionally difficult to get the most out of the system. The rules change frequently, so if you’re new to it you may be working on out-dated research and end up paying too much. Income tax in Asia can range from attractive to amongst the highest in the world so you need to be sure you are placed in the correct tax brackets.

Using an Umbrella Company for Income Tax in Asia

Contractors in Asia are faced with masses of paperwork and numerous wasted hours filing a tax return unless they find an alternative option. An Asian umbrella company can act as your employer during your stay in the country whilst still allowing you the freedom of a contractor. The only difference is that you submit your timesheets to them; they’ll calculate and pay your taxes as you earn, and then you receive a net wage (as well as documentation for your records). The companies are experts in Asia taxation, and they’ll ensure that you keep the largest proportion of your earnings whilst complying with local laws. They can deal with any issues with the Asian tax office or tax department directly including processing your tax refund if you are eligible.

How We Can Help You with Tax in Asia

We work with numerous umbrella companies in Asia, many of whom are experts in tax and immigration laws. If you have any questions about tax in Asia, we’ll get the answers from them directly so you can rest assured you’ll be getting accurate information. We also have a comprehensive knowledge of the different services they provide, and we can help you find the right company to handle your income tax. We help oil and gas workers, software developers, IT project managers, testers, business analysts and telecommunications contractors get tax efficient payments and sponsorship for their Asia work permit. Our advice is 100 percent free, and it comes with no obligations. You will be paying taxes in Asia but without the overhead of directly dealing with the Asian tax authorities. Get in touch with us today for some reliable advice on tax in Asia!

Send your details for more information

Contact Us

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.