Switching from Tier 1 to Tier 2 UK Work Permit

If you want to switch from a Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 (General) Visa whilst you are on a Tier 1 visa in the UK, it is simple under the current rules. This includes the Tier 1 PSW Post Study Work category. UK employers can transfer Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 work permit in just 1 week, contact us to get more information


It doesn't matter which category of Tier 1 you are under - all these sub-classes are included:

  • Tier 1 PSW (Post Study Work)
  • Tier 1 General
  • Tier 1 Investor
  • Tier 1 Entreprenuer

Even permits from the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) can be switched to a Tier 2 Visa under this process. You can see our full Tier 2 switching guide here.

Fill in this form to get a free summary of how to switch your Tier 1 visa to a Tier 2 Work Permit - it's free! We will let you know which of our partners can help with the transfer and then its up to you if you want to change over.

Send your details for more information

Client comment

"Great advice and excellent service on contracting and immigration solutions in the UK. I would highly recommend Tim and the team to assist you with accurate, clear and concise contracting advice in the UK or any other country for that matter."

Prishen Pillay,Global DBA Operations Lead

Shell International Trading & Shipping