Immigration Lawyer?

Where do I find an immigration attorney to help with my visa application? Do you have some advice for selecting a good migration solicitor to help with my permit application?


We have contacts in all the destinations we cover and we'd be happy to refer you to an immigration attorney who can help. In general terms though here are some criteria for selecting an immigration lawyer: 1) Are they registered (both as a company and an individual) with the relevant Department of Immigration? In UK its Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), in Australia they must be certified by Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), in Canada you should check for Citizenship and Immigration Canada registration, in USA we recommend making sure they are with the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). 2) Will they give you initial advice on your situation without charging you? 3) Do they work on a "no-win no-fee" basis? This is common for work permit and Tier 2 visa applications in the UK. If the immigration solicitor has a good track record of getting their applications approved they should be able to offer this service. 4) Can they give you references to talk to regarding their service? 5) Do they have a clear list of the documents you will require for your application and forms to gather the relevant information for you? 6) What will they do if there are problems in your application? In the UK try Dearson and Winyard Global - we used them for 10 years with never a complaint. Please be sure to say we recommend them!