WORK PERMITS FOR CONTRACTORS
If you wish to work in China as a contractor our partners can sponsor you for a work permit.
- You'll net an excellent return on your gross earnings.
- You can choose your own contracts.
- The work permit fully complies with local tax and migration laws, no more visa runs!
- No more nerves about the next pronouncement from the authorities on business visa processing and tax controls.
- The work permit will cover your spouse and dependants.
Currently there are 9 ordinary Visa types to enter China.
The ones of interest here are as follows:
Visit / Business Visa (F)
Issued to those foreigners who are invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and cultural exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of less than six months.
Special Visa Requirements: Invitation letter from inviting organisation / company.
Comment: Currently this visa is heavily used for short and long term workers in China. Even people who've been working in China for 4+ years have been coming and going on these visas every 1-6 months. This practice is risky and certainly isn't a long term solution. Consider the situation where during Olympics many Chinese embassies stopped issuing business visas, leaving some people stranded both inside and outside China.
Tourism Visa (L)
Issued to those who enter China temporarily for touring, family visiting or other personal affairs (multiple-entry is not granted for this category).
Special Visa Requirements: Flight and hotel bookings, proof of sufficient funds to support applicant. Check with your local embassy to find out exactly as it varies.
Comment: Not appropriate for workers
Working Visa (Z)
Issued to foreigners who are to take up a post or employment in China , and their accompanying family members.
Special Visa Requirements: Copy of Employment Licence issued by the sponsoring company and a visa support letter from same.
Comment: The work permit is a very common solution for permanent employees and companies that are well established. Its increasingly popular too for contractors due to the security and reassurance it offers. The best legal solution to working in China.
Residence Visa (D)
Issued to people who are going to live in China permanently.
Special Visa Requirements: Depends on the category of permanent resident application, best to talk to an immigration specialist.
Comment: Generally issued to long term residents (4 yrs+), high level employees or those who are investing heavily in China.
Study / Student Visa (X)
Issued to those who come to China for study or intern practice for a period of six months or above.
Special Visa Requirements: JW-201 or JW_202 form issued by the Ministry of Education of China and a letter of admission from a Chinese University / College.
Comment: Handy if you plan to study.
Extension of Visa
The extension application should be made at the municipal public security bureau 7 days before the visa expires. Multiple visas cannot be extended. Provide the relevant documents:
1) A valid passport and visa & local accommodation registration documents (the form you get from registering with local police)
2) A fully completed extension / alteration application form
3) Documents and papers supporting reasons for extension or alternation
The duration of visa extension:
1) F Visa: the total extensions add up to no more than 1 year and each extension should be less than 3 months
2) L Visa: The L visa held by visitors could be extended once with the duration no more than 1 month; L visa held by family visitors could be extended three times with each duration under 3 months
Z VISA FOR CONTRACTORS
If you wish to work in China as a contractor our partners can sponsor you for a work permit. You'll net an excellent return on your gross earnings. You can choose your own contracts. The work permit fully complies with local tax and migration laws, no more visa runs! No more nerves about the next pronouncement from the authorities on business visa processing and tax controls. The work permit will cover your spouse and dependants. APPLY NOW