Working Holiday Maker Visa - 417 Visa

Working Holiday Maker or 417 Visa is an excellent choice to see Australia and do incidental work while you are here. If you plan to stay longer then we recommend the 457 Business Sponsored Visa as it is better in the long term. The 417 is for people between 18-30 years old. It allows you 12 months in Australia. 


- You must apply after you have turned 18 but before your 31st birthday.

- You must be a national of Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan or United Kingdom.

Note that if you are a citizen of Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey, Iran or USA you can get a 462 Working Holiday Visa.

Allowances: If you are granted this visa you can:

* enter Australia within 12 months of grant

* stay up to 12 months

* leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid

* work in Australia for up to 6 months with each employer

* study for up to 4 months.

* If you hold a second Working Holiday visa, you may return to work for a further 6 months for an employer with whom you worked on your first Working Holiday visa. Also if you have worked in a regional area for more than 3 months you may qualify for a second working holiday visa.

If you would like help in your 417 Visa application our Immigration Partner will assist you. Please contact us for more information.

Full government information:


Client comment

"Great advice and excellent service on contracting and immigration solutions in the UK. I would highly recommend Tim and the team to assist you with accurate, clear and concise contracting advice in the UK or any other country for that matter."

Prishen Pillay,Global DBA Operations Lead

Shell International Trading & Shipping