Temporary Business Visa (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457) is the main avenue for contractor / temporary / interim / on-hire / freelance workers to come into Australia. It is the equivalent of a work permit.
What does this visa let me do?
With this visa you can:
* be employed for a period of between three (3) months and four (4) years by your employment sponsor.
* bring any eligible secondary applicants with you to Australia – secondary applicants can work and study. Generally this covers spouse and children under the age of 18.
* after entering Australia, have no limit on the number of times you travel in and out of Australia.
As work permits are tied to one employer there are enormous benefits in having your sponsorship with your financial management company as opposed to recruitment agency or end client. Not least of these is the fact it allows you complete freedom to choose your projects and conditions of assignment. If you change end client, your work permit continues.
Our sponsorship partner is an approved 457 work visa sponsor for contractors. They are a specialist in local immigration laws and have the labor license which means they can issue the business sponsored 457 work permits. You can see a list of the ANZSCO codes they can sponsor for contractors.
So you, as a contractor, can get a work permit for Australia! The benefits include:
- full compliance with local immigration laws
- freedom to work with any end client for any duration
- security and comfort of using long established international market leader
- visa allows for entry of spouse and dependants
- local salary compliance
- understanding of dual taxation implications through regional offices
Additionally they can offer you excellent tax & financial management to ensure you stay on the right side of the authorities whilst keeping a reasonable % of your gross billing.