Work and Holiday Visa - 462 Visa

The "Work and Holiday Visa" or 462 is very similar to the 417 or Working Holiday Visa, except for 2 differences:

1) it applies to citizens of Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the United States of America.

2) you can't extend the visa.


here are generally quota's with the country of origin to control the numbers of these visa's issued every year. If you plan to stay longer then we recommend the 457 Business Sponsored Visa as it is better in the long term.


The 462 is for people between 18-30 years old. It allows you 12 months in Australia.


- You must apply after you have turned 18 but before your 31st birthday.

- You must be a national of Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey, Iran or USA.


Note that if you are a citizen of Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan or United Kingdom you can get a 417 Working Holiday Visa.

What does this visa let you do?

* enter Australia at any time within 3 months of the visa grant date

* stay for up to 12 months in Australia

* leave and re–enter Australia any number of times in the 12 months from the date of first entry

* undertake temporary employment in Australia

* study for up to 4 months.

If you would like help in your 462 Visa application our Immigration Partner will assist you. Please contact us for more information. Full government information:

Client comment

"Great advice and excellent service on contracting and immigration solutions in the UK. I would highly recommend Tim and the team to assist you with accurate, clear and concise contracting advice in the UK or any other country for that matter."

Prishen Pillay,Global DBA Operations Lead

Shell International Trading & Shipping