Send your details for a free assessment on Tier 2 Sponsorship London.

* signifies required information
First Name *
Last Name *
Email Address *
Do You Have A Contract Offer *
yes no
Additional Information Or Questions

A 5 minute Video explaining how we help with Tier 2 Sponsorship London

We specialise in helping Contractors get sponsored

"I was offered an IT contract in London but the company couldn't sponsor work in the UK. I found Contractor Taxation and Duncan referred me to one of their providers. A month later my Tier 2 visa was organised, I had moved from Australia and started work." Martin S, Java Developer on LinkedIn
Follow contracttax on Twitter

Tier 2 Sponsorship London

Do you work in IT / Finance / Engineering / Telecommunications?

We have a toolkit to help you find a London contract and we’re giving it to you for FREE.

Did you know:
Over the last quarter the average rate for UK contractors increased to £31.25 per hour. Why? One big reason is increased regulation and compliance for UK Banks and insurance firms. More regulation = new IT systems = lots of contracts in London for IT consultants with experience in financial services!
Now is a great time to get a Tier 2:
There are more than 1725 additional Tier 2 work permits available for registered sponsoring employers every month and the UKBA have approved EVERY sponsorship application since April 2011. Our partners are registered UK Companies that Sponsor Tier 2s and can process a new application in just 2 weeks (max 6 weeks). Even better - if you are on a Tier 1 (HSMP) or Tier 2 (ICT) visa we can process your application in-country. This means you don’t have to leave the United Kingdom to activate your new visa!

Ask us for Free Information on London Tier 2 Sponsorship.
All you need to get sponsored by one of our partners is a contract for 3 months or more that pays at least £300 per day. The permit lasts 3 years and is extendable another 2 years so you can use it to get Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR = British permanent residency). Your sponsor will handle your work permit, invoicing, tax and payment. All you have to do is go to work, fill in your timesheets and watch the money roll in!
You’ll be working in London, earning ££££ and living the life. You can catch the train to Paris for a night OR go to a show in the West End OR fly to Italy for a long weekend OR soak up the galleries and museums and history. Anyway you get the picture… contracting in London is a fun adventure!

Sounds easy… so how do you get a contract and get sponsored?

Here’s what you do:
Step 1: Fill in the form to give us your basic details and we'll also send you the toolkit (it’s FREE).
Step 2: We will respond by email giving you advice straight away and possibly asking further questions to make sure its a good match. You can ask us any questions you like (still FREE!) and we'll talk through your options with you. If you like any of the options we suggest then we can introduce you to the providers.
Step 3: Setup an automatic google spreadsheet that will pull in jobs to apply for and recruiters you should register with.
Step 4: Fine tune your CV and covering email
Step 5: Start applying for contract jobs
Step 6: Contact us when you have a contract offer and we can start the sponsorship process.

25 common questions about UK Work Permit Sponsorship:

  1. Can I get a work permit and then go to the UK to look for work?
    Generally no but if you have really in demand skills there is a possibility that one of our 4 partner companies might be willing to sponsor you prior to you having secured a project.
  2. Can you sponsor me first before I will apply for contract jobs?
    As above.
  3. I already have a UK permit, can you help me find work?
    We are not a recruitment company so this is not our core business but we can direct you to UK recruitment agencies who are used to dealing with Tier 2 Work Permit holders.
  4. I’m already in UK, can I change sponsor?
    Yes you can. If you’re on a Tier 2 General then you can change sponsors without having to leave the country.
  5. Do I need to be in the UK for the sponsorship process to start?
    No you don’t. The process can take place with you outside of the country. Only once the Certificate of Sponsorship is issued and you have received Entry Clearance from the UK Consulate in your country of origin do you need to enter the UK to activate your Work Permit.
  6. Can I work for more than one client?
    Yes you can, you can work for as many clients as you like.
  7. What do I tell recruiters?
    That if you can secure a project paying at least £250 a day then there are a number of companies that can sponsor you on a Tier 2 General Work Permit.
  8. Most employers want a face-to-face interview, what will I say to them?
    Depending on nationality you can secure a visa to enter the country to attend interviews. If not the interview will have to be conducted over Skype or by phone.
  9. When I apply to jobs it asks if I have a work permit, what should I say?
    You can tell them that if you secure a contract role then you have several companies that can sponsor you on a work permit.
  10. How much do I need to earn?
    At least £250 a day
  11. How much will I net? 
    Between 55-65% of your gross earnings depending on your earning rate and your level of claimable expenses.
  12. What is the cost to process the sponsorship?
    It depends if you’re in country or out of country. In country it will be between £850-£1000 and out of country it will be £450.
  13. Can I switch visa? 
    • T1 to T2? YES
    • T4 to T2? YES
    • ICT to T2? YES but not if you’re in the UK on a Short Term ICT. In the latter case you need to sit out a 12 month ‘cooling off period’.
  14. Do I have to work full time?
  15. Can I setup my own business whilst on a UK work permit?
    Yes as long as the role that you’ve been sponsored on remains your ‘primary source of income’.
  16. What professions / job titles can get sponsored?
    IT, Telco, Finance and Engineering.
  17. What happens when my contract finishes?
    You need to secure another assignment asap.
  18. Do I need a degree?
    Not necessarily but it depends on your earning rate, experience and skill set.
  19. How much commercial experience do I need?
    Generally 5 years or more.
  20. What documentation do I need to supply?
    Copy of your passport, degree certificates/professional diplomas and copies of your professional references (last 3 years at least)
  21. Can my spouse also work in the UK?
  22. Can my children come with me?
  23. Will it lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain?
    Normally yes. All our sponsorship partners support applications for settlement and British citizenship.
  24. How much will I earn?
    It varies according to your rate, how much you work and your personal circumstances (whether you have a family, etc). You will earn roughly twice the equivalent permanent salary after taxes, fees and all deductions.
  25. How long will it take?
    If you are in UK on a Work Permit already it can be as quick as 2 weeks. Otherwise from outside the uk it wiill take 2-6 weeks but this is dependant on the processing times with UK government and what time of the month your application is made.

Our FREE London Contract Job Search Toolkit includes 5 great tools:

Formatting your CV for the UK market
Including tips for highlighting your strengths

Crafting emails that make you stand out from the crowd
Get noticed by Recruiters

Using google automation to build a list of relevant London recruiters
Target Recruitment Agents specialised in your area

United Kingdom payroll calculator
Estimate your earnings

A list of the most popular jobsites for finding work in London
Easy access to a wide range of jobs

What is the next step?
Fill the form to get started