Oil and Gas Contractor in Central African Republic

Thinking about doing some oil and gas contracting in Central African Republic? It’s a great opportunity, but you need to be aware of your responsibilities beforehand.

Visas for oil and gas contractors in Central African Republic

You may be tempted to enter the country on a tourist or business visa, especially if you’re on a regular Fly-In Fly-Out (FIFO) rotation.

We strongly advise against this.

Working without the correct permit is often illegal and carries harsh penalties. This can result in fines, immigration nightmares, and legal trouble for you (and the end client).

How to get the right visas and permits

You usually need a work permit to contract in Central African Republic. To get one of those, an employer must sponsor you. Unfortunately for freelance workers, end clients are often reluctant to sponsor contractors.

Unless you’re already well-acquainted with immigration and employment law in Central African Republic, it can be tedious and stressful to sort out what you need and how to get it. Learn more about the necessary documentation and application process for visas and permits here.

How to simplify getting the right permit

You don’t have to approach these administrative barriers on your own. There are experts who specialise in helping contractors work in Central African Republic.  Umbrella Companies can sponsor you for your work permit, and even help you figure out your taxes in Central African Republic and at home.

You technically become an “employee” of the Umbrella Company, without sacrificing your independence as a contractor. This way, you maximise the benefits of oil and gas contracting in Central African Republic, while minimising the aggravating admin and immigration barriers.

Send your details for more information