Tax In Poland

One of the most consistently challenging aspects of contracting in Poland is complying with the country’s tax system. Whether you’re a contractor or a permanent employee, you have to pay tax on all of your earnings whilst you’re in the country. As well as paying tax in Poland, you might also still be eligible to pay some tax in your home country, and understanding the legislation behind this can be a challenge. Do you get double taxation in Poland? It will depend on your nationality and the nature of your assignment in Poland. Getting to grips with the basics of income tax in Poland and understanding your options helps you work out the best way to organise your affairs.

Paying Income Tax in Poland through Your Employer

If you’re working in Poland under a permanent contract, many employers will handle your tax under the PAYE (pay-as-you-earn) system. This means that they calculate and process your taxes in Poland for you and then send you a net wage. Your income tax, public health insurance, social security and other deductions will all be covered by this payment. This is the easiest way to handle your income tax in Poland, but contractors may not be offered this service because of their short stay with each employer.

Tax In Poland

Working Out Income Tax in Poland Yourself

Anybody who can’t pay their tax in Poland through PAYE is left with the prospect of filing a tax return and doing everything themselves. Do you know much about Polish Tax Law? Does Poland have a tax treaty with your home country? You will need to find out or find someone who can help! Not only does this eat into your free time, it’s also exceptionally difficult to get the most out of the system. The rules change frequently, so if you’re new to it you may be working on out-dated research and end up paying too much. Income tax in Poland can be anything from 0 to 32 percent, and you need to be sure you are placed in the correct tax brackets.

Using an Umbrella Company for Income Tax in Poland

Contractors in Poland are faced with masses of paperwork and numerous wasted hours filing a tax return unless they find an alternative option. A Polish umbrella company can act as your employer during your stay in the country whilst still allowing you the freedom of a contractor. The only difference is that you submit your timesheets to them; they’ll calculate and pay your taxes as you earn, and then you receive a net wage (as well as documentation for your records). The companies are experts in Poland taxation, and they’ll ensure that you keep the largest proportion of your earnings whilst complying with local laws. They can deal with any issues with the Polish tax office or tax department directly including processing your tax refund if you are eligible.

How We Can Help You with Tax in Poland

We work with numerous umbrella companies in Poland, many of whom are experts in tax and immigration laws. If you have any questions about tax in Poland, we’ll get the answers from them directly so you can rest assured you’ll be getting accurate information. We also have a comprehensive knowledge of the different services they provide, and we can help you find the right company to handle your income tax. We help oil and gas workers, software developers, IT project managers, testers, business analysts and telecommunications contractors get tax efficient payments and sponsorship for their Poland work permit. Our advice is 100 percent free, and it comes with no obligations. You will be paying taxes in Poland but without the overhead of directly dealing with the Polish tax authorities. Get in touch with us today for some reliable advice on tax in Poland!

Send your details for more information